Friday, January 15, 2010

My 68 Chevelle build.




I am going to try and document the restoration of my 68 Chevelle Malibu.
During the summer of 2009 we sold my 71 nova drag car. A few months went by and my wife and I started looking at classic cars again. After looking through Craig's list we found an add for a 68 chevelle malibu basket case. I sent some emails and I was very curious about this car. So we loaded up the family and went for a little drive. Well when we got there the car was in about 100 pcs. It had new quarters, inner wheel tubs, and rear tail pan. Which wasn't finished being welded. It had a new front fender, and front inner wheel tubs. Not a bad start I thought. As we talked about the car I was told it was an AC car and they had all the AC equipment. I thought that was really cool!! The car came with a 350 motor and a 350 turbo trans. After 2 more trips back to see the car, we purchased it.

1 comment: