Friday, January 15, 2010

Getting ready for paint





So the Chevelle has been sitting in the garage since summer. To be honest it's in the way. I have said to myself WTF!! am I doing this again for???? So around the first week of January I got the car completely stripped down of all the interior, and put the sheet metal back on and started looking for a paint and body shop. After talking to a few paint shops, my buddy Dave tells me about the guy who painted one of his dads cars (valiant) I have seen the car, and it looked good. So I called the place. Oh btw.. It was the local Maaco. The owner of Maaco was nice enough to come out and quote me on finishing up the welding and doing the body and paint. I know what your thing MAACO!! For gods sake!!! This shop is a little different. These guys really want to do this type of work. They did a good job on my buddies dad's car, and they were in the process of doing a dodge demon. I checked out the demon and it looked good. They had replaced quarters on it and it was done well. SO it was a done deal, they came and picked up the car and took it to the paint shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment